The holiday period is officially drawing to a close. With the end of the decade almost upon us, it’s time to reflect on the past, and look to the future.
Before we can take on the new year, we need to look at our successes and failures of the past year, of the past decade. Let’s take an inventory of what happened for you in your life. Answer the following questions, preferably by writing down the answers, but at least reflect on them and learn from your past failures and successes.
- What were your goals on January 1st, 2019?
- What wins did you have over the last year?
- Were your wins on your list of goals at the start of 2019?
- What helped you accomplish those goals and wins?
- Who was most influential in your successes? Send a quick thank-you to that person(s).
- What were the goals you didn’t accomplish?
- Are there any lessons you can learn? Why were you unsuccessful at achieving some of those goals?
- How can you be better prepared to accomplish your next set of goals?
- Who can help you along the way?
- Who can you help accomplish their goals?
- What are you most grateful for over the past year?
Success is a journey with it’s own ups and downs. Taking time to reflect on what has gone right, and what hasn’t, ensures that you are continually learning and growing. That growth makes you better tomorrow than you are today. As you learn, grow and develop more, there is no telling how far you can go. The world is yours for the taking, seize it!